Car

Maruti Grand Vitara price, 10 lakh automatic car sales

Maruti Suzuki, India’s largest carmaker, has announced that it has now sold over 10 lakh cars and SUVs with automatic transmissions in the country. As such, the company claims it is India’s leading automatic transmission car and SUV maker.65 percent of automatic Marutis sold are AMTsNexa accounts for 58 percent of auto sales, 42 percent

Maruti Suzuki, India’s largest carmaker, has announced that it has now sold over 10 lakh cars and SUVs with automatic transmissions in the country. As such, the company claims it is India’s leading automatic transmission car and SUV maker.

  • 65 percent of automatic Marutis sold are AMTs
  • Nexa accounts for 58 percent of auto sales, 42 percent for Arena dealerships
  • ATs account for 15 percent of all sales in FY2024

Maruti Suzuki currently offers four different automatic gearboxes (AMT, 4-speed torque converter, 6-speed torque converter and e-CVT) across 16 models in their range. In terms of the spilt of automatic vehicle sales, the AMT accounts for 65 percent, the torque converters constitute 27 percent, while the e-CVT makes up the remaining 8 percent.

As for its retail channels, Maruti’s premium Nexa chain of dealerships, which sells models like the Grand Vitara, Baleno and XL6, accounts for 58 percent of automatic sales, while the remaining 42 percent comes from the Arena dealerships, which retail the Alto K10, Wagon R, Swift, Brezza and others.

The most basic of Maruti’s auto 'boxes is the 5-speed AMT, which does duty in the Alto K10, S-Presso, Celerio, Wagon R, Ignis, Swift, Dzire, Baleno and Fronx. The 4-speed torque converter automatic is used in the Ciaz and Jimny, while the newer, 6-speed unit can be found in the Fronx (turbo-petrol), Ertiga, XL6, Brezza and Grand Vitara. Finally, there are two models with an e-CVT gearbox – the Grand Vitara and Invicto – in the strong-hybrid variants.

The brand says it’s seeing the most demand for automatic models in the Delhi and NCR region, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Kerala. Maruti has also stated that it is nearing one lakh sales (which is 15 percent of overall sales) for automatic cars in this financial year, and we’re only about halfway through it. This is a clear sign of the market trend shifting towards automatic transmissions in India.

Also see:

Discounts of up to Rs 65,000 on Maruti Ignis, Baleno, Ciaz this October

Maruti eVX interior to be revealed at Tokyo Motor Show

Maruti Suzuki Cars

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts