Printed On Dec 13, 2021 06:31:00 PM
Sai Sanjay and Ritesh Rai picked up wins within the Volkswagen Polo Championship.
The second spherical of the 2021 MRF MMSC Indian Nationwide Automobile Racing Championship noticed over 100 entrants take to the Madras Motor Race Monitor for an action-packed weekend. Chirag Ghorpade and Arjun Balu reaped the rewards after placing up dominating shows of their respective classes.
- Balu dominates in Indian Touring Vehicles
- Ghorpade wins two out of three MRF 1600 races
- MRF Saloon Vehicles Etios class makes a return
Learn on to learn how the motion performed out throughout all of the classes:
The headlining Formulation 1600 noticed Ghorpade win two out of three races. He held off Shahan Ali Mohsin to assert his maiden win within the class on Saturday. The subsequent day, he added to his tally with a lights-to-flag win in Race 3. Mohsin completed that race in second place, however was handed a 10-second penalty for dashing within the pit lane. This promoted Viswas Vijayaraj and Ashwin Datta to second and third respectively.
Dillon Zachariah additionally scored his maiden victory within the class, successful Race 2 from P2 on the reverse grid.
1. Chirag Ghorpade – 13minutes 32.919secs
2. Shahan Ali Mohsin – 13minutes 34.252secs
3. Rishon Rajiv – 13minutes 35.164secs
1. Dillon Zachariah – 16minutes 37.473secs
2. Suriyavarathan – 16minutes 37.844secs
3. Viswas Vijayaraj – 16minutes 38.344secs
1. Chirag Ghorpade – 10minutes 37.982secs
2. Viswas Vijayaraj – 10minutes 45.318secs
3. Ashwin Datta – 10minutes 45.995secs
Indian Touring Vehicles
Reigning champion Arjun Balu dominated within the Indian Touring Vehicles class. In what’s his 29th yr of racing, the veteran racer remains to be in high type and took dwelling a commanding win within the first race. The subsequent day he made his manner up from third place in combined circumstances following heavy showers.
Balu initially performed the ready sport earlier than leaping each Anindith Reddy and Jeet Jhabakah to clinch one other win.
1. Arjun Balu (Race Ideas) – 15minutes 19.312secs
2. Anindith Reddy (Rayo Racing) – 15minutes 46.386secs
3. Jeet Jhabakh (Rayo Racing) – 15minutes 54.693secs
1. Arjun Balu (Race Ideas) – 17minutes 00.366secs
2. Jeet Jhabakh (Rayo Racing) – 17minutes 09.508secs
3. Anindith Reddy (Rayo Racing) – 17minutes 09.774secs
Volkswagen Polo Championship
Each Volkswagen Polo Championship races had been held on Sunday, so the grid needed to deal with the combined circumstances out on monitor. This resulted in loads of overtaking motion and each races noticed tight finishes.
Sai Sanjay TS and Ritesh Rai picked up a win every, whereas Sandeep Kumar completed on the rostrum in each races.
1. Sai Sanjay TS – 16minutes 45.578secs
2. Sandeep Kumar – 16minutes 46.427secs
3. Sourav Bandyopadhyay – 16minutes 53.278secs
1. Ritesh Rai – 16minutes 57.162secs
2. Avik Anwar – 16minutes 57.729secs
3. Sandeep Kumar – 16minutes 58.533secs
Deepak Ravikumar continued his Tremendous Inventory successful streak with yet one more win on Saturday. Nonetheless, that streak was damaged the following day when Rithvik Thomas received Race 2.
1. Deepak Ravikumar (Efficiency Racing) – 16minutes 09.974secs
2. Rithvik Thomas (Race Ideas) – 16minutes 12.079secs
3. RP Raja Rajan (Efficiency Racing) – 16minutes 17.578secs
1. Rithvik Thomas (Race Ideas) – 18minutes 32.647secs
2. Deepak Ravikumar (Efficiency Racing) – 18minutes 33.644secs
3. RP Raja Rajan (Efficiency Racing) – 18minutes 50.454secs
Formulation LGB 1300
The primary Formulation LGB 1300 race was marred by a pink flag stoppage following a collection of crashes. The race was lastly lowered to only 5 laps, and Viswas Vijayaraj ended up successful.
Within the subsequent race, seasoned driver Raghul Rangasamy made his manner from fifth on the grid to take a well-earned win.
1. Viswas Vijayaraj (DTS Racing) – 11minutes 14.406secs
2. Arya Singh (DTS Racing) – 11minutes 15.966secs
3. Deepak Ravikumar (Momentum Motorsport) – 11minutes 20.775secs
1. Raghul Rangasamy (MSport) – 19minutes 34.504secs
2. Tijil Rao (Momentum Motorsport) – 19minutes 36.053secs
3. Viswas Vijayaraj (DTS Racing) – 19minutes 40.848secs
MRF Saloon Vehicles (Toyota Etios)
Spherical 2 noticed the one-make MRF Saloon Vehicles class, that includes the Toyota Etios, make a return. The class had made its championship debut final yr with simply six entries, however boasts of 25 drivers representing two groups – Purple Line Racing India and Quest Motorsports – this yr.
Fahad Kutty emerged because the frontrunner, taking dwelling two race wins and one podium. A Balaprasath was the opposite winner within the class, whereas Jamie Shaw bagged two podium outcomes.
1. Fahad Kutty (Purple Line Racing) – 17minutes 08.849secs
2. Jamie Shaw (Purple Line Racing) – 17minutes 09.332secs
3. Chandresh Tolia (Purple Line Racing) – 17minutes 11.833secs
1. A Balaprasath (Quest Motorsport) – 21minutes 17.190secs
2. Justin Singh (Quest Motorsport) – 21minutes 17.925secs
3. Fahad Kutty (Purple Line Racing) – 21minutes 20.784secs
1. Fahad Kutty (Purple Line Racing) – 12minutes 11.978secs
2. Jamie Shaw (Purple Line Racing) – 12minutes 16.327secs
3. Jai Prashant Venkat (Purple Line Racing) – 12minutes 16.595secs
Indian Junior Touring Vehicles
There have been two completely different winners within the Indian Junior Touring Vehicles class, with Race Ideas’ Varun Anekar and Charen Chandran (who entered as a privateer) sharing the honours.
1. Varun Anekar (Race Ideas) – 16minutes 04.162secs
2. Charen Chandran – 16minutes 25.674secs
3. Hatim Shabbir Jamnagarwala (Efficiency Racing) – 16minutes 30.132secs
1. Charen Chandran – 18minutes 03.480secs
2. Okay Srinivas Teja (Efficiency Racing) – 18minutes 07.131secs
3. Hatim Shabbir Jamnagarwala (Efficiency Racing) – 18minutes 11.507secs